The Following are a list of Chip Timing Companies:
Local Birmingham, AL Timers
Trak Shak (Pull Tag & Ipico Chip Timing)
Email Laura at Trak Shak
More Timers below:
When hiring a Timing Company, here are a few things to look for:
* How long has the timing company been in business? What Timing system do they Use?
* Will they offer a written Estimate of services or Contract and provide references?
* Take a look at their prior Race Timed events and see if they have repeat customers year after year.
* Are they full service or just timing, i.e. Course Certification, Race Director, Course Operations, etc.
* Do they contract out to other companies that provide specific services related to finish line management they may not offer?
* Who will supply the equipment that is needed? Fencing, etc.
* Do they offer Start/Finish Arch Or Trussing. Will they put a banner(s) on the arch?
* How do they charge for timing mats? Start, Finish, others out on course? Do they have a primary and backup timing mats?
* How many volunteers do they need from the race organization?
* How are their fees determined? Do they charge a fee to the race participants via online registration system?
Other key factors:
* Will they send individual confirmation emails to registered participants?
* Is their scoring software custom coded or RunScore or Race Director or other generally used scoring platforms.
* Do they offer Email or Text messaging results?
* What is the Per Timing Chip Price
* Do they print labels and place on bib #’s as a standard practice or is it an add on fee?
* Can you receive credit for unused Chip tags?
* Does the timer use backup timing in addition to Primary and Backup timing mats?
* If you need more Timing Chips before the race can the timer get them to you? How quickly?
* Do they offer Video of finishers
* Ask about Travel and Hotel expenses
* Check timers Results – Like what you see for other races?
* Team – can the timer produce a Pre-race Team report? Team Name, Team members, Bib #, T-shirt size, Event?
* Team Results – can timer produce competitive Team results.
* Does the timer recommend or insist on Online Registration system?
MyLaps Bib Chip Timing system:
Bib-Tag (B-tag) Chip CronoTrack Systems:
Total Race Solutions
8728 Heathwood Bend
Knoxville, TN 37930
RFID Chip Timing
Jeff Clark Timing – RFID Chip Timing
Featuring Jaguar Chip Timing
Featuring Ipico chip timing
Other Timing options:
Pete Preston of the River Region Runners
116 Weatherburne Drive
Roswell, GA 30076